The Church previously had 10 Creda Night Storage Heaters, 4 of which had additional convection heaters for top up during the day at additional 1.2kW per heater. (Total 38.8kW).
• Predecessor to the Herschel Infrared Pulsar ceiling hung heaters (8 at total 21.6kW) were installed
• The system is controlled by a Programmable Logic Controller; programmed to come on at certain times when the Sanctuary is in use.
- An assessment of the new system, December 2012, estimates a saving of c. 70% of the power used previously
- Lower costs, approximately £175 in December 2012, plus cost savings from additional daytime convective heating that is now redundant
- Simple & quick installation
- Humidity kept to lower levels than previous convective heaters; ideal for organ & woodwork
- Heating requirements managed automatically.