The Herschel Advantage IR 360 is an ideal ceiling mounted workshop heater for commercial applications. With its heating elements mounted to give 360° coverage, this ceiling-mounted unit is designed for spaces giving adequate clearance from the ground (2.3 – 2.5m) and from the ceiling above (minimum 0.3m) and from the nearest wall (1.5m). With input power output of 1950 watts, these low watt-density heaters are optimised to produce far greater levels of comfort compared with hot air or gas-burning “space ray” type heating systems or other forms of electric heating often used in these environments. There are additional benefits:
- As there are no exhaust emissions there is no requirement for planning;
- They operate silently and without fumes – consequently raising no health and safety issues;
- Installation is much cheaper than oil or gas alternatives – all you require is electric cable;
- No maintenance. You do not have to maintain an infrared heater once installed;
- You can “focus” the heat exactly to where you want it – because there is no convection of heat, none is wasted blowing into areas it is not wanted;
- Far Infrared has been shown to have positive effects on metabolism, being the waveband at which water (80% constituent of skin) most effectively absorbs heat.
Space heating can be used anywhere there is a requirement to heat a large volume and where the heaters themselves can be placed well out of reach. So workplaces like workshops, industrial units and warehouses etc make ideal locations for heaters of this sort.
The heating elements reach very high temperatures without visible signs of the unit being on. The heaters are not for domestic or household use. The heaters must not be used or installed in any commercial premises where they can be accidentally touched or where there is a risk of damage to the ceramic elements.