|Watts||Panel size cm||Heated area|
|2600||75 x 40||12-21 m2|
£779.00 inc. VAT
We recommend the Advantage IRP4 Heater for Industrial and Workshop space heating applications. This 2600W ceiling-mounted unit is designed for spaces providing adequate clearance from the ground (2.5 – 3m) and from the ceiling above (minimum 125mm) and from the nearest wall (minimum 1.5m) and is easier to install and maintain than hot air blowers or gas-burning “space ray” type heating systems and is more comfortable than other forms of electric heating often used in these environments. There are additional benefits:
- As there are no exhaust emissions there is no requirement for planning;
- They operate silently and without fumes – consequently raising no health and safety issues;
- Installation is much cheaper than oil or gas alternatives – all you require is electric cable;
- No maintenance. You do not have to maintain an infrared heater once installed;
- You can “focus” the heat exactly to where you want it – because there is no convection of heat, none is wasted blowing into areas it is not wanted;
- Far Infrared has been shown to have positive effects on metabolism, being the waveband at which water (80% constituent of skin) most effectively absorbs heat.
Space heating can be used anywhere there is a requirement to heat a large volume and where the heaters themselves can be placed well out of reach. So workplaces like workshops, industrial or commercial units, warehouses etc make ideal locations for heaters of this sort.
Click here to download the Data Sheet.
Click here to download the Installation Manual.
Element: 4 x White glazed ceramic longwave Infrared emitters (3-10 microns)
Body: Stainless Steel body with protective grill.
Voltage: 230V, 50 Hz Ensure supply voltage does not exceed 245 volts.
Protection: IP rating IP20
Guarantee: 5 years, excluding Ceramic Elements 12 Months.
Heated Zone: 12-21m2
The IRP4 will directly warm people and objects within the heated zone of c.12m2. If high levels of comfort are required, heaters will need to be located to overlap zones in order to remove cold spots between zones. Air movement such as that from shutter doors, high ceiling heights or large volumes of cold air adjacent to the heated zone will reduce the area covered/temperatures that can be achieved.
Within enclosed areas the thermal mass of the building will be heated which may increase the ambient temperatures for an area of up to 21m2 per heater. The extent to which the ambient temperatures can be raised and the required running time of the heaters to achieve this will be dependent upon the property construction, age, insulation levels and cubic volume, the external temperature and local climatic conditions.
For larger commercial projects or where different mounting heights are required we would always recommend Herschel carry out a survey or desktop assessment.
Quality & Safety
IEC 60335-1; 60335-2-30 Electrical & Construction Safety Tested
Guarantee: 60 months. Excludes Ceramic Elements 12 Months.
Control Options (Required)
Herschel iQ MD1 Wired Thermostat
Herschel iQ Hub