Efficient and innovative infrared heaters for cafes
Subway is a sandwich store franchise business with a focus on healthier food choices plus a focus on reducing their environment footprint. The retail and seating areas needed to be heated. Herschel’s range of infrared heating for cafes provides a low energy, programmable space heating solution ideal for these environments. Alternative heating, such as convection heating, meant heating a lot of ceiling void that would be unnecessary, inefficient and costly. Subsequent to this installation 2 further Subway stores are planned.
• Herschel IR3 heaters were installed
• Heaters are mounted down focusing the infrared evenly across the retail area
• Wi-Fi enabled thermostat programmed to continually maintain the ambient temperature even with the door open.
- Infrared heating is directed where it is needed, not heating the void; reduced running costs
- Fully programmed so no staff time spent on heating controls; thermostats can be controlled remotely by management via phone or computer if needed
- Quick installation into new stores or retro-fit to existing stores
- Little or no maintenance costs
- Even temperature keeps staff and customers comfortable with door open.
“There is no ‘management’ for me or my staff to do. The system works for itself & we do not have to do anything. Suffice to say that we have had no input into the system since it was set up & the store has been comfortably heated throughout that time. Although Cardinal Park has a bigger floor area than Queen Street it is currently costing less in electricity despite longer operating hours and higher turnover and my monthly direct debit has recently been reduced since our original estimated electricity usage was too high”