The Pulsar is a ceiling-mounted infrared heaters designed for high ceiling installations / large spaces in constant use. Its striking appearance and heat efficiency make Pulsar ideal for heating public spaces in commercial areas, shops, showrooms, sports facilities and public halls where it will be in the public eye.
When installed in combination with modern control systems that turn the heating on just before it is required and off when you leave (or actually just before) Pulsar has successfully delivered significant cost-savings to clients compared with their existing systems (please inquire for case studies).
Each Pulsar unit produces effective comfortable levels of heat for very low wattage.
The Herschel PULSAR must be located in a position to allow proper and efficient use but one that ensures hot parts are not touched accidentally. The recommended installation height of the White 1800W Pulsar is 2.3m – 2.5m (90” – 98”) from the floor. The recommended installation height of the Black 2400W Pulsar is 2.5 – 2.8m (98″ -110”) from the floor. Under no circumstances is either unit to be installed at less than 1.8m (71”) from the floor. In all cases it should be installed at a height where it cannot be touched in operation. Consideration should be given to any temporary or occasional additions such as stages or platforms, and the height should be adjusted accordingly.
The Herschel PULSAR should be firmly and permanently attached to a solid surface with a minimum clearance of 0.60m (23.6”) between the top surface of the heater and the ceiling. Fixing must be effected by a mounting plate and support chain or wire capable of carrying up to 112kg (equal to 4x the weight of the Pulsar).
- As there are no exhaust emissions there is no requirement for planning;
- They operate silently and without fumes – consequently raising no health and safety issues;
- Installation is much cheaper than oil or gas alternatives – all you require is electric cable;
- No maintenance. You do not have to maintain an infrared heater once installed;
- You can “focus” the heat exactly to where you want it – because there is no convection of heat, none is wasted blowing into areas it is not wanted;
- Far Infrared has been shown to have positive effects on metabolism, being the waveband at which water (80% constituent of skin) most effectively absorbs heat.
The Pulsar can be used anywhere there is a requirement to heat a large space and where the heaters themselves can be placed well out of reach. So workplaces like workshops, industrial or commercial units, warehouses etc make ideal locations for heaters of this sort.
Click here to download the Data Sheet.
Click here to download the Pulsar Installation Manual.